Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Very PINK Baby Shower

Yesterday afternoon, several of the SLPs from my school district honored me with a baby shower at Rolando's. Mom came up from Hot Springs to go with me and we had such a good time! The girls did a great job on the shower. Of course, they couldn't leave well enough alone...they did it up in pink, pink and more pink. Most of them even WORE pink! And all because they know I don't like pink. I have such fun friends!

Here we are: Kerrie H, Leola J, Me, Mom, Cathy R, Amy F, Suzanne W, Linda S & Jill R.!
We sat around and visited for a long time and then I opened some wonderful gifts for Nola. After I finished opening gifts, Rudy and Caleb joined us for dinner and cake. Caleb cracked everyone up by taking one bite of his food and saying (very loudly), "Oh, my Lord, this is hot!" Much to my chagrin, everyone immediately said that he sounded just like me. (They are right, you know.)

When we got home, I took my shoes off and realized that my feet and calves were ridiculously swollen. Mom encouraged me to sit down and put my feet up and try to get the swelling to go down. On a related note - I had a headache this morning at school and started feeling a little strange. I asked the school nurse to take my blood pressure and it was 120/88, which is pretty high for me. She took it a couple more times during the day and it eventually went down to 120/82. I'm going to keep an eye on it for the next few days and try to keep the swelling down in my legs and feet. Good heavens, I'm ready to have this baby!!!

No comments: