Tuesday, January 19, 2010

All Boy (and, boy, are we are in TROUBLE)

We are in so much trouble when Caleb hits adolescence. So. Much. Trouble.

Just recently (at age 3 1/2), he has started taking an interest in music other than preschool songs, holiday songs and cartoon songs. He actually likes real music. His 2 favorites right now are:

Pants on the Ground - General Larry Pratt (American Idol)

Caleb loves this song so much that he walks around singing it in public places. We have also heard him singing it to himself when he is playing. I've tried to get him to sing it on video, but he won't do it. I'm determined to get it at some point, because it is seriously funny.

Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus


This one is pretty funny too. He tries so hard to sing along to it, but can't keep up. He likes the "yeeeeah" part and will sometimes spontaneously start singing, "movin' my hips, like yeah" which inevitably cracks me up.

Tonight, he wanted to watch some videos on the computer. He usually likes to watch videos of himself or kids doing funny things on YouTube, but since we showed him Pants on the Ground on the computer, he knows that there is more out there to entertain him. Rudy showed him a couple of band things and then Pants on the Ground. He laughs and tries to sing along, but every single time, he stops when Kara is on the screen and tells us "I like that girl." Well...with his love of Party in the USA, Rudy found the video on YouTube. Caleb said, "It's my favorite song!" He sang along for a while and then (much to my amusement and Rudy's pride) said, "I like that girl. I like her hair. I like her eyes. I like her whole body." OH. MY. GOSH. My 3 1/2 year old has a crush on Miley Cyrus.

On a somewhat related note that doesn't make me fear for adolescence, Caleb had a new teacher in his class a couple of weeks ago. Ms. Bel has a beautiful accent that I can't quite place. When I asked him about his new teacher, he told me, "Her name is Ms. Bel. I like her talk." How cute is that?

No comments: