Thursday, January 14, 2010

All for Naught ~ 36 week OB appt

On Tuesday, I had my 36 week OB appointment. I'm happy to report that I hadn't gained any weight this week at all. My doctor wasn't planning to start pelvic exams until next week, but when I told the nurse that I had been having contractions, she said we'd better check things out. So, I had my strep B swab (pleasant...) and my first pelvic exam. I thought surely with all the pain Nola had inflicted on me Saturday and Sunday night, I would have made a little progress. Nope. ZERO centimeters dilated and ZERO percent effaced. Really? All that for absolutely nothing? Dr. Ford said everything looks fine and I got the usual "hang in there" followed by "I'll see you next week." I waddled out of the office a little disappointed, but not too bad.

My husband is awesome! He has completely stepped up as usual. I have been so miserable this week and so tired from carrying this full term baby and he has been amazing. After we at the dinner that he cooked on Monday night, he was trying to decide what to cook on Tuesday night. He asked me if I felt like having salmon and I told him that I really didn't like salmon right now. (One of those strange pregnancy things...) He immediately said, "okay, then we're not having salmon. For the next few weeks, we're on the hospice plan. Whatever makes you comfortable is what we're doing." I thought that was pretty clever and now we have frequent references to the hospice plan.

I was right about work being exhausting this week. I've done a grand total of 8 conferences so far. I have 2 tomorrow. I have managed to do a little therapy in there too, but I sure don't feel like I've seen much of my kids. Monday was a full therapy day but Tuesday and today were mostly cancelled for conferences. I should be able to stick to my regular schedule tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Next week is shaping up to be more of the same, except that Monday is a professional development day, so the kids don't even have school! I only have 5 conferences next week. Good grief. Who ever thought I'd say "only 5 conferences"???

No comments: