Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow Week?!?

In the words of Caleb Villines, "I TOLD YOU SO." I ended up being out of school for snow all week last week. That extended our 2 week Christmas vacation to a 3 week Christmas vacation and I reveled in every last minute of it. Pretty much - I was a sloth that entire unexpected week off. We had worked so hard all during the first 2 weeks of break and I was completely wiped out. I already told you about Monday and Tuesday, so let me pick up with Wednesday.

Wednesday, 1/6
Caleb had absolutely begged to go to school on Tuesday and said on Tuesday night that he wanted to go on Wednesday. I was leaving it up to him to make the choice, so I made plans to meet a couple of friends for lunch on Wednesday. Lo and behold, we got up Wednesday morning, got dressed and he said he didn't want to go. Too late, mister. Mama needs some adult interaction. I took him in the daycare at 10:00, ran by my school to pick up some things in case I got the urge to do some paperwork at home (HA!) and then met my friends Jamie, Michael and Jodie for lunch. After laughing all the way through lunch, I called Stacy, who came over to scrapbook with me that afternoon.

Thursday, 1/7
Thursday turned out to be another family snow day. Rudy's school was cancelled too. Now, Rudy and I have very different philosophies on snow days. I see them as a gift from God, telling me directly: Thou shalt stay in your pajamas and not even consider leaving the house. Rudy, on the other hand, sees them as a challenge or possibly a prison sentence and simply has to find a way to get out. After cooking breakfast, he decided that he would go for a test drive to see how the roads were around our house. He came back a short while later and told me he was going to take Caleb to have some fun. They went to Fast Lanes to bowl and play arcade games all afternoon. Went they got back, Caleb was worn out from all of the excitement and missing his nap, so he had an early bedtime.

Friday, 1/8
Rudy was back at school on Friday and Caleb asked to go to school, so I went out in the 1 degree weather to take him in. I spent the day scrapbooking by the fireplace and trying to stay warm! When the boys got home from school, we went to dinner at Chili's. Apparently, lots of people were just dying to get out of the house, because every restaurant parking lot was packed! Caleb had taken a nap at school on Friday, so he was in a great mood. Rudy and I really enjoyed our evening with him. It's amazing what a difference a nap makes! When we got in the car, in the frigid temperatures, Caleb said, "Holy smokes, it's cold!" I laughed because he sounded just like me!

No comments: