Monday, January 4, 2010

Calebisms for the New Year

Caleb has been in a great mood for the better part of the last week. We can always rely on his good moods to provide a new batch of Calebisms.

One of his favorite new sayings is, "That's what I'm talkin' about!" I got this text from Rudy a few days ago...
Rudy: That's what I'm talkin' about.
Caleb: Yes you are, Daddy. Yes you are.

For some reason he also likes to make himself sound "tough" and that means he calls everything "big bad baby." Not sure what that's all about, but he thinks it's hilarious. We hear this a lot when he's playing football in the living room.

Unfortunately, he has also become a parrot lately. Today, Rudy saw something and said, "What the?" Caleb finished it for him by saying, "heck?" I bit my lip to keep from laughing. It's better than some things he could say, but not really appropriate for a 3-year-old. We're watching our words closely these days.

Last night, Caleb was feeling particularly silly and using some really strange voices. When Rudy asked him why he was talking like that, he replied, "That's just the way God made me, Daddy."

Finally, Caleb told me on Saturday that he thinks we should change Nola's name. Apparently, he now wants to call her Fluffy. Hmmm...

No comments: