Monday, January 25, 2010

Preschool Economics

Caleb and I were watching football yesterday and a car dealership commercial came on. Here's the conversation that ensued:

C: Mama, I'm gonna go buy that red car.
H: Really?
C: Yep, I'm gonna drive your car there and you're just gonna' ride.
H: How are you going to pay for it?
C: I'm going to go inside and pay for it.
H: Where will you get the money?
C: I'll take a little bit of money out of my piggy bank.
H: That's a really good plan. Did you know that the police won't let you drive until you're 16?
C: Oh, okay. I'll wait a little bit then.

By the way, he also thinks "expensive" is a bad word. If I tell him that something is expensive, he looks at me like I've dropped an f-bomb and says, "we don't say that word!" Rudy and I are pretty sure it's because "expensive" is the reason we can't buy things he asks for, but we're really not sure.

No comments: