Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

We have had an absolutely wonderful weekend! It started on Friday, when I had the chance to go out for a girls' night with my friends Jamie and Kelli. We went to a late afternoon showing of Valentine's Day. We were the loudest laughers in the theater, which didn't bother us one bit! After the movie, we went to Chili's for dinner. We sat there and laughed even more. It was so much fun to be out and about with the girls. I texted Rudy a couple of times to make sure everything was okay here and he assured me that everything was just fine. I knew he'd handle both kids beautifully, but I just had to check in.

On Saturday, we went to Eureka Springs, where we met Jerry and Sherry for lunch. They were visiting her dad in Harrison, so we met them halfway. Our lunch was delicious and we enjoyed catching up with them. They were excited to meet Nola and see Caleb.
In their usual generous way, they not only brought a gift for Nola and paid for our lunch, but also brought a bag of fun toys for Caleb. Here he is showing off his "weasel ball" that has rolled all over our house today...he loves the crazy thing!
After lunch, we all walked down the main street to soak up a little of the sunshine and relatively warm day. After Jerry & Sherry had to leave, we stayed for a little while longer. We went into the Basin Park hotel to use the restroom and change Nola's diaper. While I was changing her, Rudy and Caleb found the atrium room in the hotel. Caleb was fascinated by it. It had a glass ceiling, but what he really liked was that it was very quiet. He kept saying, "let's go in that quiet place." Who would have ever dreamed that a 3 year old would be intrigued by such a thing?!?

When we got back to town after our trip to Eureka, we came home for just a few minutes, then went over to Nana's house for dinner. Jan and Bill were there and Kathy joined us as well. We had a delicious steak dinner to celebrate Bill's birthday. After dinner, we came home and everyone fell asleep quickly. We were worn out from our big day!

Today was a whole different story. Rudy gave me the opportunity to sleep in this morning after I got up with Nola during the night last night. I was sleeping so hard that he decided not to even wake me up for church. I slept until 11:00 and probably would've slept longer if Rudy and Caleb hadn't woken me up then. They decided to go have a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I stayed home with Nola and we had a lazy day. The boys brought me breakfast and then they went to the boat show. It was a rainy day, so Caleb needed something to do to burn off some energy. When they got home, Rudy baked some bread and I did some laundry - our usual Sunday afternoon activities. Now, both kids (and Rudy) are in bed and I'm winding down the weekend with a little quiet time on my own. It has been such a great weekend. I'm not quite ready for it to end...

No comments: