Thursday, February 25, 2010

Growing Up

Caleb gets frustrated very easily. Because of this, he is hesitant to try new things if he doesn't think he will be successful. (He gets that characteristic from me.) Yesterday, I tried to get him to get dressed on his own and he threw a fit. This morning, I got his clothes and put them where he could get to them. I left him sitting on my bed and went to change Nola's diaper. When I came back, he was wearing his underwear (the right way), his shirt (backwards) and his socks (a little twisted). I made a big hoopla about what a great job he did and stood back while he put on his pants. I offered to help him turn his shirt around - or he could leave it like it was. He asked me to help him and got really tickled by the fact that I could turn it around without taking it all the way off. Next thing I knew - he was running to the get his shoes and put them on by himself. I made a big deal about his independent activity and we even called LaLa to brag about it. Rudy bought him a 97 cent airplane at WalMart this afternoon. Caleb is so proud of himself and we're pretty proud of him too.

To top off that accomplishment, he also learned how to chew gum today and helped me make lemonade this afternoon. He's such a big kid...or as he would say, "I'm a super big kid!"

No comments: