Thursday, February 18, 2010

Welcome to My Crib

Nola slept in her crib last night! I swaddled her, put her in her crib, turned on her music and turned off the lamp. She snoozed away until 2:00, when I heard her fussing and went in to feed her. She ate, went right back to sleep and slept until 6:00. (I meant to take a picture of her sleeping in her big girl bed, but in my sleepiness, I forgot. I'll do that tomorrow.) I had been sleeping on the couch so that I could be close by when she cried, but not so close that I could hear every breath she took (and, yes, you can hear every single breath). After she ate at 6:00, Rudy was up getting ready for work, so we went in the bedroom to say good morning. Turns out, Caleb was in there too. He had gotten up at 4:30 and climbed in bed with Rudy. I woke him up and got him dressed for school, then we watched Phineas & Ferb on my bed while Rudy finished getting ready. After the guys left, Nola and I dozed on the couch for a little while. I spent most of the day holding her and watching TV because every time I got her to sleep and put her down, she slept for about 10 minutes and then woke up crying. I finally managed to get dressed late this afternoon.

Nola and I went to run an errand and then picked Caleb up from school. He was excited because he got to play outside today! Thank goodness for warmer temperatures! We came home and ate dinner and then played for a while. Caleb helped me with some laundry - he's really good at matching socks and sorting colors, which makes him feel like he's doing a "very important job." Caleb and Rudy played "their game" - wrestling and pushing each other on my bed - until Caleb's bedtime. I spent the rest of the evening finishing Nola's birth announcements and I love the way they turned out. I only have to address and stamp the envelopes and they'll be ready to go in the mail!

No comments: