Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Lucky Charm

Our weekend has been a good one. Saturday morning, Rudy did major daddy duty and watched both kids while I got some much-needed sleep. After I got up and around, he took Caleb to get a haircut and then they went to a basketball game where some of his students were playing. After they got home, we went to Fayetteville to get crawfish for me to make etouffee for the Super Bowl. We ended up eating dinner at Dixie Cafe and getting an external hard drive at Best Buy before we came home.
Since Rudy and Caleb went to the basketball game yesterday, Caleb has decided that he is a basketball player. He has worn his Razorback basketball jersey - even slept in it last night - and he runs around the house, pretending to play basketball. He is so funny! (He's also pretty sweet, too. Tonight, he was sitting by me while I was feeding Nola and he leaned over to kiss her head and said, "I love you, Nola." It was the first time I've heard him say that and it actually choked me up a little. He has told us that he likes her, but I've never heard him tell her that he loves her.)

Today, I made etouffee for us and for my supervisor/co-worker/friend Linda and her husband, Bart. Bart had major surgery last week and all of the SLP's have pitched in to help out with meals. Since Bart is from Louisiana, I offered to take appropriate food for them to have while watching the Saints play in the Super Bowl. I enjoyed visiting with them and they enjoyed meeting Nola.

Nola gave me quite a challenge at my attempt to prepare a meal, get showered/dressed, and get out the door in a timely fashion. She screamed and cried the whole time I was trying to get dressed. I stopped to feed her and she slowly nursed the bottle, falling asleep while eating, but not wanting to be put down either. I was so frazzled by the time Rudy got home. He stepped in and calmed Nola, which calmed me and I managed to get out the door with her and the food in tow.
Tonight we watched Super Bowl 44! Nola's namesake New Orleans Saints beat the Indianapolis Colts! As a matter of fact, we're beginning to think that Ms. Nola might just be a little bit of a lucky charm. Since she was born 12 days ago, the Hogs have gone 4-0 in SEC basketball and the Saints won the Super Bowl. We're considering some lottery tickets...

No comments: