Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Approved!

I went to the doctor yesterday (6/8) for my pregnancy confirmation appointment. Basically, I had to take another pregnancy test so that they could tell me what I already know. It reminded me of the Saturday Night Live skit with the Target Lady who gets overly excited when someone's credit card gets approved:
soundboard.com

Dr. Ford did confirm that I am, indeed, pregnant. Gosh - that explains all of the nausea, and exhaustion - not to mention that positive home pregnancy test I took 2 1/2 weeks ago...

All joking aside, it was good to hear the news from an actual medical professional. She did a quick pelvic exam and said everything seems okay. I go back on the 23rd for my nurse visit where they will give me all the do's and don't's and start the paperwork (payment) process. Then Rudy and I go back to see Dr. Ford on the 30th and she will do an actual ultrasound to make sure everything is where it's supposed to be, check for a heartbeat and do some measurements.

In case anyone is wondering, here's some information on being 5 weeks pregnant.

No comments: