Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We made it home at 3:30 on Saturday afternoon. Everything was just fine when we got here. Our housekeeper came while we were away, so the house was clean. We had laundry machines in our condo in Florida, so we had very little washing to do. It was great!

Caleb wasn't so keen on sleeping by himself Saturday night. He has been sleeping with someone for over a week and he likes it that way. Once we convinced him that he was going to his own bed, he crashed! He didn't even wake up until 8:00 Sunday morning!

I slept as much as possible on the way home to continue fighting nausea. It seems to have gotten a little worse every day. By Sunday, I was in tears (literally) because I felt so bad. I knew I had to suck it up and move forward because I was committed to volunteer at the Firefly Festival at the Botanical Garden on Sunday night. I did manage to get showered and dressed and got to Fayetteville to work for 4 hours in the blazing heat and humidity. We were so glad to see the sun going down! I had a great job, though - taking pictures. We all know how much I love to do that! When I got home Sunday night, Caleb was in bed and Rudy was relaxing in the living room. I didn't waste much time heading for bed.

Things were looking up for me on Monday morning. I made it through the morning without feeling too bad. I found that I could eat 1/2 peanut butter sandwiches without feeling gross and they seemed to help control some of the nausea for a while. I ate a total of 4 peanut butter sandwiches within 24 hours. I laid down during Caleb's naptime and fell asleep. When I woke up, Caleb and Rudy were in the living room. Apparently, Caleb never took a nap and when Rudy got home from the putting green, Caleb was walking around the house - unbeknownst to me. I guess I won't be taking anymore naps while Rudy's not home.

I felt okay after my nap and managed to take Caleb to Gymboree for his sports class. He wasn't so sure about it at first, but it took less time for him to warm up than it did last time. Maybe next week, he'll be okay with it. (fingers crossed) After Gymboree, we picked up Chick-Fil-A and brought it home for dinner. I ate about half of mine and felt like I was going to throw up. I actually GAVE AWAY a Chick-Fil-A sandwich...and fries. That should tell you something right there.

No comments: