Tuesday, June 30, 2009

First Ultrasound Photo of HotShot

I had a great OB appointment today! Rudy and I went to meet with Dr. Ford to have an ultrasound. I didn't know quite what to expect. It was much different from our 1st ultrasound with Caleb. At that appointment, we got a quick glimpse to make sure everything was intact and then we got to listen to a doppler of his heart beating. This time there was no doppler, but we got a much better look at the baby and its surroundings. We didn't hear a heartbeat, but Dr. Ford showed us the blinking pixels that indicate a strong heartbeat and we were assured that our little HotShot is doing just fine. I was pleasantly surprised to be given a printout of the ultrasound photo! (I added the arrows and labels so you can tell what you're seeing!) No, the baby isn't supposed to look like a "real baby" just yet, so don't be surprised that it's just a fuzzy white spot!

Next to seeing that sweet baby's heart beating, the best part of the visit was finding out that the subchorionic bleed is completely gone! That is such a blessing and a worry off of my mind.

The CRL at the bottom of the photo is the crown-to-rump length. HotShot measured 2 centimeters, which is just right for a gestational age of 8 weeks, 4 days. All of that put together gives us a due date of February 5, 2010. (Caleb's birthday is 5/2. Wouldn't it be cool if HotShot came on 2/5?)

We won't find out the baby's gender until either late September or early October. For some reason, I'm thinking it's a girl. Caleb goes back and forth. Rudy isn't sure. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Sidenote for those who have asked: Yes, I do go to the same OB/Gyn office that Josh and Anna Duggar went to for their televised ultrasound. However...I see a different doctor. I'll be sure to let you know if I ever run into any members of the Duggar family - at the OB/Gyn or elsewhere. :)

No comments: