Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday in Florida

Note: I have pictures, I promise! I just haven't been taking my "good camera" down on the sand because I don't want to get sand in it. I've been taking the old point & shoot, but I forgot to bring the transfer cable so that'll have to wait until we get home.

We got up around 7:00 on Sunday morning. After a yummy protein-filled breakfast, we were on the beach by 9:30. Mr. L and Rudy set up our tent and we set up camp right in front of our condo. We lounged either in the sun or under the tent all morning and came in for lunch. Caleb was scared of the water and wouldn't go in it even if we were holding onto him. He wanted nothing to do with that! He spent his morning playing in the sand, digging holes, dumping buckets of water and kicking a ball around with Rudy. When we came in for lunch, Mr. L. and Caleb rested for a while, then we got cleaned up and all went back to Joe Patti's to get shrimp for dinner. We also stopped at the grocery store to round out our menu for the week. Five people in an unfamiliar grocery store is quite a sight. It reminded me of a really bad reality show. (But we did get a de-licious key lime pie that I'm savoring until the very last bite...then I might get another one.) We got back to the condo and back in our swimsuits and back on the beach. We stayed out there for as long as we could, just enjoying the afternoon breeze and the warm sunshine. When we finally packed it in for dinner, we came up and de-sanded ourselves. Mr. L. got ready to boil 15 lbs of red royal shrimp while Mom and I got the corn and potatoes ready. We ate until we made ourselves absolutely sick, then crawled into bed to sleep off the sun. Rudy went for an evening stroll on the beach and brought back a sandcrab for Caleb to find in his bugbox when he woke up...

No comments: