Monday, May 25, 2009

Ten Years of Marriage

As of Friday, Rudy and I have been married for 10 years. TEN. YEARS. That's so hard to believe. It's almost a 3rd of my life...and I can't imagine my life any other way. We've done a lot of stuff and been a lot of places in our 10 years. We feel like we owe everyone a new address book after all of the moving we've done. We decided not to have a big celebration this year since we were going to my parents' on our anniversary weekend and we're going to Florida and St. Louis this summer. We'll just celebrate by hanging in there for another 10...and then some.
October 1996 - Rudy and I met at the U of A.
May 22, 1998 - Rudy proposed to me at my parents' house in Hot Springs. I was in grad school in Conway. He was finishing undergrad in Fayetteville.

May 22, 1999 - We got married and lived in Conway. Rudy worked in Pulaski County. We moved to Sherwood in November.
2000 - We moved to Fayetteville and bought our first home. Rudy went back to school and was a GA for the Razorback band. I started my first job in Rogers.
2002 - Rudy graduated from the UofA with his Master's. We moved to St. Louis and bought our second home. I started my job in Rockwood. Rudy was the asst. band director at Eureka.
2003 - Rudy started his first head band director job.

2004 - Rudy's 2nd head band director job. We moved across St. Louis county and bought our 3rd home on our favorite street ever.
2005 - We found out we were pregnant in August.

2006 - Caleb was born! We quickly realized that we needed to move home to Arkansas.


2007 - We moved home. We bought our 4th home. Rudy worked for Fayetteville and I worked for Bentonville.
2008 - I changed jobs and now work for Rogers. Rudy continues to love his job in Fayetteville.


2009 - Ten years of marriage.

What a great ride it has been. Only time will tell what's next. I can't wait to find out with my best friend by my side.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

LOVED this post! Congratulations on TEN YEARS!