Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Blessings

On this Mother's Day, I have so much to be thankful for. I count among my many blessings my mom who has taught me what it means to be a mother and what it means to love unconditionally. I count my grandmothers who are with me - Memmie and Anna Joyce, and those who have gone before me - Memama and Mama Mae. These women who know so much and have seen so much and never fail to share their wisdom with love. I count my friends who weather the storm of motherhood with me every single day. I count Rudy who gave me the opportunity to be a mother and I count Caleb who teaches me what motherhood is all about every moment of every day. He shows me the best and worst parts of myself and I love deeper with each experience.

This is what makes me the mother I am at this very moment...
I cannot help but smile inside and out when I look at these chubby little fingers with their dimpled knuckles. I know they won't stay that way for much longer. I'll hold onto them as long as I can...
And the beauty of a boy with playing with a stick in the dirt. It doesn't get any better than this...

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

You're taking really good shots with your new camera! Don't you just love it???