Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sniffle, Ah-Choo, Cough...and a Little Bit of Fever

Our week has been great - to say the least. Sharing the news that we are expecting another child has been so much fun. Everyone has offered heartfelt congratulations and the sincerity of excitement that we have felt from everyone has been almost overwhelming. It has been a great start to this new journey, for sure.

Friday night, we had dinner at Grandma Voise's house. Jan and her friend, Bill, came to join us. We decided that Caleb is a little jealous of Bill. He isn't really sure that he likes having to share his Grandma with this new person. We enjoyed our dinner and our visit despite my nausea and exhaustion. When we got home, Caleb and I went straight to bed. My throat was feeling a little scratchy and my nose was starting to get stopped up, but I didn't think much of it. I woke up in the middle of the night completely unable to breathe through my nose and felt like my throat had sandpaper in it. I tossed and turned and dozed off and on through the night and most of the morning. When I got up, Caleb and Rudy had gone to the park, so I enjoyed some quiet time by myself. The rest of the day I was back and forth from the bed to the washing machine to the couch. I tried to be productive but just didn't feel like it. I can't take cold medicine since I'm pregnant and I really just wanted to sleep, but couldn't because I couldn't breathe!

I met Stacy at SSD at 4:00 to scrapbook. I debated all afternoon whether I would go or not and finally decided that I would because I wanted to spend time with my friend and maybe it would take my mind off of how I felt. Stacy and I took a break for dinner and enjoyed visiting while we ate and while we worked. I was feeling horrible and even wondered if I had fever, but Stacy said she didn't think I did. I finished the album I was working on (caught up through December!) and packed it all in to come home around 11:15.

I got in bed exhausted and hoped to get some good sleep. I laid there for almost an hour before I gave up. I grabbed a book and a box of Kleenex and went to the guest room. When I got in there, I started feeling chilled, so I took my temperature and sure enough, I had a fever of almost 100 degrees. I popped some Tylenol and got online to check on what to do if you're pregnant and running a fever. Everything I read said that a low-grade temp isn't much to be worried about, so I read a little more before finally getting to sleep around 4:00 AM. I slept off and on until almost 11:00 this morning. I'm still feeling congested and have a scratchy throat, but at least the fever hasn't come back.

As usual, Rudy has been a SAINT this weekend. He has taken care of Caleb and everything else around here. They went to the park, the pool and a baseball game yesterday while I sniffled and coughed around here and then sniffled and coughed around SSD. I'm not sure what in the world I would do without Rudy. He's definitely my knight in shining armor. :)

TWO more days of school with kids (for me) and then one work day and I'm out for summer! Rudy has kids until Wednesday, then band stuff on Thursday and half of Friday. We are so ready for summer!

No comments: