Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend 2009

Greetings from soggy Rogers, Arkansas! I am not exaggerating when I say that it has rained at least a little bit almost every day for the past 2 weeks - and some days have been complete washouts. Yesterday was an exception to the rule around here, though. It was beautiful and cool and the sun was actually shining! So, what did I do? I took a nap.

Rudy had plans with some old friends on Friday night, so Caleb and I stayed home and watched the Bee Movie. My plan was for him to go to bed at his normal time and I was going to enjoy some quiet time reading. He had other plans. I could not keep him in his bed and finally gave up at 9:30 and we slept in my bed together. Rudy came home shortly after that only to find Caleb and I sacked out in the bed. He ended up sleeping on the couch. Saturday afternoon (after my nap), we all got ready and went over to Grandma Voise's for Mother's Day dinner. Ken and Dennis were in town from Ft. Worth and Jan came up from Fort Smith. We had a great time visiting and had a wonderful dinner. Jan spent the night with us last night and got up with Caleb this morning so that Rudy and I could sleep in. Rudy let me sleep until I woke up on my own, which ended up being 11:00! Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE to sleep??? Really...I rate it up there with pedicures, roller coasters, chocolate pie, cheese dip, scrapbooking and having my hair washed at the salon. (Now I can't quit singing, "These are a few of my favorite things...") When I woke up, I was greeted with two sweet boys saying, "Happy Mother's Day!" and a bouquet of flowers, plus a very sweet card from Rudy. After lolling about most of the day, I decided to make something of my day and went to Home Depot to get flowers for the front of the house. When I got home, Rudy helped me plant some of the flowers and I did the smaller ones on my own. Now, I just have to hope that they take and make things pretty like they are supposed to! I'm trying out some plants that I've never planted before - including the new Sunpatiens, so here's hoping! It's supposed to rain every day this week as well, so I'm not worried about them drying out - that's for sure. Rudy treated me to a fabulous dinner of steaks and baked potatoes and even took me out for Andy's frozen custard afterward! It has truly been a great Mother's Day!

No comments: