Wednesday, May 13, 2009

3 Priceless Calebisms

Calebism #1: "You say you love me too?"
Caleb (giving a wonderfully big hug): "I love you, Mama!"
Me: "I love you, Caleb."
Caleb: "You say you love me too?"
We're not sure what it means, but he says it all the time. Rudy and I have actually started saying it to each other.

Calebism #2: "I'm not a baseball."
At dinner tonight, we were trying out a sticker chart to get Caleb to eat his dinner without playing so much. He started asking for stickers.
Me: No, Caleb. You'll get a sticker when I catch you making good choices.
Caleb: I'm not a baseball or a football. You not catch me.
Me: Oh...then you'll get a sticker when I SEE you making good choices.
Caleb: Okay, Mama.

Calebism #3: "I can't know dessert."
The sticker chart is full after dinner.
Me: Yeah, Buddy! You did it! What do you want for dessert?
Caleb looks at me excitedly, then suddenly furrows his brow.
Caleb: I can't know dessert.
I start laughing. Rudy offers him choices, he makes one and is perfectly content.
I guess I should've given him the dessert menu.

No comments: