Sunday, September 5, 2010

September Already

We started September off with a bang around here.  Here's how last week played out...

Monday:  Rudy had band Monday night.  I brought the kids home and my friend Jamie came over for dinner and a good visit. 

Tuesday:  I had to be at school from 5:15-7:30 for Back to School night.  Came home to a fussy baby girl.  By the time we put her to bed, we realized that she had a fever.  Uh-oh.  Tried to put her to bed and she wasn't having any of it.  She cried and cried like I've never seen her cry.  We eventually decided that Rudy would stay home with her on Wednesday, so he took care of her overnight.  It was a long night for him.

Wednesday:  Nola still had fever.  I had to go to Conway for a training for work.  I met Kerrie at 6:45 to drive to Conway.  When I got there, I called to check on Nola & Rudy.  He told me she was still running fever and we needed to make plans for Thursday.  I called my work and told them I wouldn't be in on Thursday.  Drove home after my meeting, picked up Caleb and came home to take over with Nola.  Spent the rest of the night holding her and trying to keep her comfortable.  She slept on my chest on the couch, but only slept in 15-30 minute increments.  It was a long night for me.

Thursday:  I took Nola to the doctor.  He said that he suspected that it was just a viral infection, so no antibiotic was needed.  He did prescribe an inhaler because she sounded so wheezy.  He suggested 1/4 tsp of Benadryl to help clear her out so that she could breathe enough to sleep.  That helped tremendously.  Thursday night was still rough, but it was better than the previous 2 nights.

Friday:  Everybody went where they were supposed to go.  Nola had a good day at daycare despite her congestion.  Rudy brought pizza home and we had a very low-key night.

Saturday:  The day we had waited for since November:  Game Day!  Jerry and his brother-in-law, Charlie, came by to see the kids on their way to the game. 
My friend Kelli came over at 2:30 to watch the kids so that Rudy and I could go to the game.  We went to Fayetteville and met up with my friends Jamie and Jodie to tailgate.  We made it into the stadium for the pre-game festivities and enjoyed the game.  Our Hogs beat TN Tech 44-3!  After the game, we went back to the tailgate party and then headed for home.  Kelli said the kids were great while we were gone!  It was a great day!!!


Today has been very calm around here.  Nola is feeling a little better, but still coughing.  I never got out of my PJ's!  Caleb and Rudy went to scout a wilderness area.  When they got home, Caleb fell asleep (about 3:00).  I tried several times to wake him up, but he just wouldn't come alive!  At one point, he was sound asleep with his body draped over the front of the chair in the living room and his feet on the floor.  I finally picked him up and moved him back to his bed.  I made him go to the bathroom, but I don't think he ever woke up.  Rudy and I are nervous that he's getting sick.  He has never done this before!  I guess we'll find out soon...

No comments: