Sunday, September 5, 2010

LaLa & Pops Save the Day!

Every year, it seems that Rudy and I have our schools' meet & greet on the same night.  That means that every year, we scramble to find somebody to watch our kids because we both have to be at work.  Last year, Mom and Mr.L. came up and got Caleb the week that school started so that we could do our back to school stuff and get the school year started without having to worry about who could pick Caleb up and who needed to work late.  It worked out so well last year that when they offered to do it again this year, we jumped at the chance.  We weren't quite ready to send Nola away for a week just yet, but Caleb LOVED getting to go hang out in Hot Springs for a week without us. 

After school on the 17th, I ran to get the kids from daycare and brought them home where LaLa and Pops were waiting for them.  I freshened up and hustled back to school for our meet & greet night.  Caleb and Nola had a blast playing with LaLa & Pops!  I finished up my duties at school and came home to pack Caleb's suitcase.  On Wednesday morning, I took Nola to daycare and Caleb headed down south with LaLa & Pops. 

Throughout the week, I got pictures and texts updating me on their activities:  boating, fishing, swimming, making crafts, baking banana bread, etc.  I did my work in peace, knowing that Caleb was well cared for and not worried about us at all.  We did have to shuffle around a bit to take care of Nola, but Rudy really did the bulk of that since he wasn't trying to find his footing in a new job like I was. 

On Sunday, I stayed home with Nola while she napped and Rudy went to Ft. Smith to meet my parents and bring Caleb home.  I was awfully glad to see the little stinker and he sure had a lot to tell us, starting with how he and Pops had gone hiking on a mountain and caught some snakes and he even got to hold them.  I checked his facts on that story and it turns out that there weren't any facts to it at all.  We still can't figure out if he dreamed it or just made the whole thing up.  Either way, he has quite an imagination...

No comments: