Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Creative Weekend

On Saturday, August 21st, I got to spend the whole afternoon and evening letting my creative juices flow and it was wonderful.  I went to a photography class in the afternoon, hosted by NWAMotherlode.com and a local photographer.  I learned so much about using my camera's manual settings and how to get really great pictures without using a flash.  It turned out that nobody had volunteered to bring their child to be our practice model, so I ran home towards the end of the class to get Nola.  I ended up with some amazing pictures of her and she did a great job being our model.  Here's a link to the photographer's story about it on her blog:  http://www.mjwphotography.com/blog/2010/08/21/our-little-model-nwa-photography-class-for-moms/

And here is my little model at work:
My favorite shot that I took that day:

Once the class was over, I brought Nola home to Rudy, packed up my scrapbooking supplies and met Stacy at Signed Sealed Delivered for a night of cropping.  We got in several good hours and I was pleased with how much I got done.  It was a good day in my book!

No comments: