Sunday, September 5, 2010

Frisco Fest

When I picked Caleb up from daycare on Friday (8/27), he asked if we could go with his friend Michael to the place with the rides and the train.  I knew he was talking about Frisco Festival.  We were planning to go at some point, so I told him that we probably would see Michael there.  When we got home, he ran to his playroom to color a picture for Michael.  Before we left, he asked Rudy to put the picture in his pocket in case we saw Michael while we were there. 

We loaded up and headed downtown, stopping to eat dinner before going to the "fesuhbal" (Caleb's version).  I took these pictures of the kids while Rudy was paying the bill at the restaurant:


When we got down there, we realized that it was absolutely packed.  We could hardly walk down the street because there were so many people.  We came around the corner and Caleb reminded us that in the place where the bungee trampolines were, there had been a giant slide last year.  How does he remember stuff like that???  Actually - when I first mentioned the festival to him earlier in the week, he asked me if he could get a yo-yo.  I wasn't sure why he thought they had yo-yos, but I told him we'd try.  Lo and behold, he went running over to a craft booth where they were selling water balloon yo-yos and said, "See, Mama!  Yo-yos!"  The kid has a memory like a steel trap. 

We managed to make it from one end of the street to the other and we were incredibly disappointed in what was there.  There were only about 4 kids' rides and the lines for them were waaaaay too long for us to stand in.  We were about to head for the car when I looked up and saw Michael.  I pointed him out to Caleb and I thought Caleb was going to do a cartwheel!  He was so excited to see his friend.  The boys ended up playing for almost an hour while Rudy and I talked to his parents.  I snapped a couple of pictures of them that I think are just too cute:

No comments: