Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Snuggle Bunny is Semi-Crawling

When I took Nola back to daycare on August 12th, she went to a new "class."  She moved up into the Snuggle Bunnies room.  Her helpers, Alicia and Susi, are awesome and I feel really good about leaving her with them.  Well...as good as I'm going to feel about leaving her with anyone.  They have done a great job of letting me know when they need things and when they want me to do something differently.  They give me great feedback on Nola's day and they honestly seem to like being with her. 

Two days after being in the Snuggle Bunny room, which is for "mobile infants", Nola decided she wanted to be mobile too.  I had put her on a blanket on the floor in our living room and she started pulling herself towards a toy that was just out of her reach.  She has now perfected the art of the solider crawl and can get anywhere she wants to go in pretty quick time.  My favorite is when I'm laying on the floor playing with her and she scoots herself over against me to snuggle.  She only does it when she's tired, but it's the greatest thing ever! 

She can also get up on her hands and knees (see photo below) and rock back and forth like she's revving up her engine to crawl, but then she drops back down on her belly and scoots across the floor.  I've tried several times to get a video of it, but when I get the camera out, she stops moving.  (This has been the case with laughing, babbling and now crawling.  There's not going to be much video of Nola!) 

No comments: