Sunday, September 5, 2010

Last Hurrah

Rudy laughs at me because I'm always saying that we're having a "last hurrah."  I just like to do it up right when things are about to get serious - whether that means one last crazy dinner before renewing our diet plans or one last fun event before going back to school.  This time, it was a trip to Silver Dollar City before school started.  Some of our friends had some "bring a friend for free" passes, so we took them up on their offer and went to SDC for free on 8/15.  We managed to make it a no water ride day, which I was glad about!  Caleb got brave and rode a couple of things that he was scared of the last time we went - and of course those things ended up being his favorites.  He'll now ride the swinging pirate ship and the big swings, which I love. 

Crazy enough, I experienced motion sickness for the first time in my life on our way to SDC.  I thought I was going to lose my breakfast!  Once we got there, though - I was perfectly fine and could even ride the rides without feeling queasy. 

We enjoyed getting to meet the Dickinson kids and getting to visit some with Patty and Jake.  Caleb loved having some friends his age with us.  Nola was just along for the ride, but she did actually nap a little during the day - a change from our previous visit!

No comments: