Monday, March 1, 2010

Learning Letters

Caleb has really shown an interest in letters and spelling lately. He wants to know what letters/sounds different words start with and what words start with whatever sound pops into his head. He likes to point out the letter C and tell us, "There's a C! That starts with me!" In his new class at daycare, there is more of an emphasis on pre-academics and they study a letter of the week. Today, they introduced the letter F. We spent a long time at dinner tonight coming up with words that start with F. Rudy and I said, "f-f-fish" and "f-f-funny." Caleb responded, "f-f-ketchup!" (Maybe he doesn't quite get it yet...)

Tonight in the bathtub, Caleb was playing with his foam letters. He picked up a letter and said, "I found an F!" I was excited that he was right and told him, "Wow, great job!" His response was, "I'm so smart." After we learn all of those letters, I guess we need to start working on learning to be humble. :)

No comments: