Friday, March 19, 2010

Just A Mama

Driving to school this morning...

Caleb: What's a prince?
Me: It's a king's son.
Caleb: Is Daddy a king?
Me: Sure. So what does that make me?
Caleb: Nothing. You're just a Mama.

I was thinking more along the lines of queen, princess, diva or beautiful. Nope - "just a mama." I can't think of anything better to be. (However..."an awesome mama" would've been a little more palatable.)

On another note (for my memory) - Caleb came in the bedroom this morning when he woke up and climbed up on my bed. I had just finished feeding Nola and put her down on the bed beside me. As soon as she saw Caleb, she lit up like a Christmas tree! She smiled at him for the longest time and he giggled like it was the greatest thing that had ever happened to him. The more he giggled, the more she smiled. It was such a fun moment to share with them.

No comments: