Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Prayer Request Update

Please continue to pray for the Crumby family. Hannah Grace passed away this morning. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and loss that her parents feel right now and will continue to feel for the rest of their lives. I am relieved for little Hannah, as she is no longer suffering and now walks the streets of Heaven whole and healed, but my heart breaks for her family members who have to find the strength to go on without her.

Please also continue to pray for my Memmie. I drove down to go to her appointment with her yesterday. I left Rogers at 8:45 after dropping Caleb off at school and getting my oil changed. I got to my grandparents' house at about 11:15. We went to the wound center and filled out about a million forms. Seriously - it took us almost an hour! I went back into the exam room with her so that I could ask questions and take notes on what the doctor and nurses had to say. We were back there for 2 hours. Fortunately, Memmie's sister and our dear family friend, Pat, came to the appointment and were able to sit with Poppie in the waiting room. The nurse asked a million questions and then the doctor came in and told us that there really isn't anything that he can do at the wound center b/c they don't do facial stuff. This was very frustrating for us, but I chalked it up as one step in the road to finding out what exactly the problem is. The wound center tried to refer her to an oral surgeon but couldn't find one who takes Medicare, so they are sending her to an ENT at UAMS on Monday. While we were there, the doctor was able to swab the lesion on her jaw to determine what kind of infection she has in that external site. We should know something from that by Thursday.

When we got back to the house, I wrote out my notes from the appointment so that they would have them and then went over them with both of my grandparents. I also made them a to-do list with things that they are supposed to follow up on.

I left there at 5:45 to drive the 3 1/2 hours back home. I talked to my mom for an hour, then to my aunt Mary who is a nurse practitioner. She was able to shed some light on some of the things that the doctor talked about and we both agree that there are some other tests that need to be done to get to the bottom of this. Mary is going to try to talk to Memmie's doctor to get the ball rolling on that.

In the meantime, Memmie is trying to manage her pain and Poppie is trying to make sure that she's taken care of. They are a pretty good pair. I guess they have lots of practice after being married for over 60 years.

Please pray for guidance for the doctors that are going to be treating her. We're also praying for her strength and will as she goes through this difficult time. It pains me that I can't be there for all of her appointments to help with asking questions and interpreting (to the best of my ability) what the doctors are telling her, but I know that I have responsibilities here and simply can't get away at this point. So, prayers are requested and would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to keep some updates on this site for those of you who are willing to pray along with us.

No comments: