Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nola's Nursery

I've spent the past 2 days working on Nola's nursery and I love the way it turned out! I was determined that it would be feminine without being pink.

Here's how it looked in October when it was our guest room: Since we redecorated Caleb's room Halloween weekend, Nola's room has been a big huge mess of unassembled crib, bits and pieces of baby stuff and Christmas gifts before they were wrapped. I just shut the door so I didn't have to look at it! Now, I can hardly keep myself out of there because I love it so much. Here's how it turned out:

This is the same view as above - looking in from the hallway.
Here's a close-up of Nola's sheet and bumper. This pattern is exactly what I wanted.
The mobile is a hand-me-down from Caleb's baby days - yes, they are Razorbacks and it plays the fight song. The plaque on the wall is from my nursery when I was an infant and has the prayer "Now I lay me down to sleep" on it. The rocker is the one that my mom had when I was a baby.
This is where I'll be spending lots of time in the next few months. I found the lamp at Hobby Lobby yesterday and just had to get it since it was 50% off! The oval sign on the wall says, "Whatever is noble, right, pure, lovely...think on these things. Phil 4:8" I found these framed glass squares at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago and was heartbroken when they didn't have the L. When I went back yesterday, they not only had all of the letters that I needed, but they were on sale! Hanging them was quite a challenge - they didn't want to hang straight or even and I almost had a hormonal fit over it, but I persevered. I think I might have scared Rudy a little bit. :)
This is the hodge podge of things that I chose for the wall to the left of the changing table. The giraffe picture was a Christmas gift last year from my mom. We have a thing for giraffes that I can't even explain because it really has no meaning other than that we both like them. I like that I was able to incorporate it into Nola's room - maybe she'll continue the giraffe tradition. The clock and the two hooks are really cool too. The red rectangle has a glass doorknob on the bottom - perfect for hanging a keepsake of some sort. The other hook has a picture of a chandelier - very feminine. I just like the clock because it has a vintage feel to it.
This is the changing table/dresser that is on the wall to the left when you walk in the door. I made the memo board on the right today. I'm looking forward to putting Nola's birth announcement on it! The picture frames are also Hobby Lobby purchases that I really like - I just can't wait to put pictures of Nola in them!
The artwork by the window is a really pretty collection of scrolls, patterns and fleur-de-lis. It's brown and cream. I like the idea of putting a few fleur-de-lis in Nola's room since she's named after the city of New Orleans.

No comments: