Sunday, November 1, 2009

Turning 33

I turned 33 last week. No, seriously. 33!

We left Rogers as soon as we could on Friday afternoon and headed for St. Louis (county). After a long and uncomfortable drive, we ended up making it to Eureka in time to watch the 4th quarter of the EHS football game with my friend Monica. Rudy even got to say hi to his former co-worker (and current friend) John. Despite freezing our rear-ends off, Caleb and I loved being at the game and Caleb particularly loved seeing how muddy the "football guys" were. They were a big, sloppy mess! Rudy left us at the game to drop our bags off at the Sheltons' house and then met another friend for hot wings. After the game, Caleb and I piled in the car with Monica and her kids for their traditional trip through the Taco Bell drive-thru. Once we ran for the border, we headed to their house to get settled in and visit for just a little bit before hitting the bed. Caleb decided he would sleep in the twin bed with me, which was quite a feat considering my current size and need for a body pillow to sleep somewhat comfortably. I quickly declared on Saturday morning that Caleb would be sleeping with Rudy that night.

We got up Saturday morning and got ready to meet Jerry at one of our favorite restaurants for lunch. It was delicious as always and we enjoyed getting to visit with Jerry as well. After lunch, we went back to the Sheltons' and Rudy got ready to go downtown for the marching band festival. He wanted to get there in time to see the Summit band perform before meeting up with the Fayetteville band. Caleb and I spent the afternoon with Monica, Katherine and Daniel, just being lazy and visiting. Caleb thought those big kids were pretty cool. (We also watched a little bit of the Hogs game against Ole Miss. Suffice it to say that I don't want to talk about it. We looked like a junior high team playing a college team rather than 2 SEC teams playing each other. It was miserable.)

Monica, Caleb and I dropped the big kids off at church for their Reality House around 6:00 and then the 3 of us went to eat Mexican food to celebrate my birthday. When we got back, Monica put candles in the birthday cake that Rudy got for me and Caleb blew them out. We ate a little cake, visited a little more and then went to pick up the big kids. Rudy got home from the contest late...and shared his bed with Caleb.

Sunday morning, we got up and hit the road for home. The drive home was miserably uncomfortable. I tried to sleep, but Caleb kept waking me up. I just could not get comfortable. I declared that I would not be making any more long road trips while pregnant. Rudy reminded me that we're driving to deer camp in a couple of weeks. Uh-oh.

I don't have ANY pictures from the weekend in Eureka. I had my camera handy the whole time. I just never got the energy or gumption to take a picture. Again...uh-oh.

My Facebook status for the day:
I turned 33 today with perspective. Even though the Hogs lost, I have a healthy family, wonderful friends and abundant blessings. Praise God for another trip around the sun!

No comments: