Monday, November 9, 2009

Our Final Gameday of 2009

Whew - what a weekend! We thought we were going to have to sell our Razorback game tickets (again) for this week's game against South Carolina, because our babysitting plans fell through. We couldn't think of anyone else that we could ask to babysit and we really couldn't afford to pay anyone for the 7 hours that would be involved, so I posted the tickets for sale on Facebook. I was shocked and so grateful when one of my fabulous co-workers offered to keep Caleb for free. God bless her for saving our final gameday of the year!

Chad and Ronni spent the night with us on Friday and Caleb had his first taste of giving up his big kid room so that it could be our guest room. He did okay with it because he got to sleep on his Lightning McQueen blow-up mattress in our room. I thought I was going to kill him before he finally went to sleep, but once he settled down, we were all fine.

We got up Saturday morning and hit the ground running. Rudy and I took Caleb to Bella Vista to spend the day with Mrs. Kat and her son, Luke. They had a great time and even though Kat won't let me pay her or even pay her back, I am indebted to her. Rudy and I made it to Fayetteville and found a parking spot that didn't require us to hike uphill before or after the game. (This was important for a woman who is 27 weeks pregnant and a man who pulled a hamstring playing softball last week.) We walked over to say hi to the Lyons crew at their tailgate spot and then made our way to the stadium to meet the Wisemans. They graciously offered us tickets in their luxury box again, so we were able to sell our tickets on our way into the stadium. (Yet another bonus!) The weather was beautiful, the game was great and we ended up beating South Carolina.
There is another game next week against Troy, but we aren't going because it's opening weekend of deer season and my family is all going to deer camp. Yep - we have become THOSE PEOPLE. The rest of the games are either away games or are being played in Little Rock, so we don't have tickets.

After the game we drove back up to Bella Vista to get Caleb. Kat said that the boys had a great time together and that they went for a hike at Tanyard Creek and had lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Caleb must have been in Heaven! He was tired, though. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, but as soon as Rudy laid him in his bed, he was wide awake and ready to go again.

I spent Friday evening Christmas shopping. I always like to have my shopping done before Thanksgiving if possible. It just seems like I enjoy the entire Holiday season more that way. I managed to get all of our gifts except for one and that one isn't available in Rogers. I'll have to get it the next time we go to Fayetteville. While I was out, I also made a wishlist for Caleb to share with his grandparents. I got home about 9:15 Saturday night and I was worn out! Somehow, though - I managed to work on the photo book that I always give to family for Christmas. I just need the November and December pictures and it's ready to be ordered! Hopefully, being proactive about Christmas shopping will make Thanksgiving and Christmas just that much more enjoyable this year!

No comments: