Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Belly Dancing

You know what's stranger than feeling an unborn child moving inside of your belly? SEEING an unborn child moving inside of your belly. While it is incredibly cool and one of those experiences in pregnancy that I cherish and enjoy - it is still really strange to see my belly move on its own. It happened tonight for the first time with Nola. I remember Caleb kicking so hard one time that the TV remote fell off my belly.

I think Caleb may have felt her move on Sunday. He was sitting in what's left of my lap watching TV when I felt Nola do a little moving around. Caleb turned around and looked at me, then looked at my belly with an odd look on his face. He didn't say anything, but he did get up and move. How do you explain that to a 3-year-old? I didn't even try.

Rudy still hasn't felt Nola move. She does it all the time and I can feel her pretty often when I put my hand on my belly. For some reason, though, when Rudy tries to feel her movements, she stops. She's either so calmed by her daddy that she doesn't move when he's near or she's so stubborn that she doesn't want to put on a show for anyone. Which do you think we prefer?

No comments: