Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Super Soaker

This is the e-mail I sent to my mom and Monica today. I copied and pasted so I wouldn't have to type it out or relive it again...

Last night, we thought we had him back to normal. He was doing great and playingand laughing and we had a wonderful evening together. I put him to bed at 8:00.He got up twice and came in the living room. Both times, Rudy silently put himback in bed and walked out. Around 9:00, I heard his bedroom door open, then lessthan a minute later, I heard it shut, but never saw or heard Caleb. I decided that hewas just checking on us and thought better of coming out of his room.
2:30 AM

Caleb: "Mama, Mama, I want to get in your bed."
Haley: "What's wrong? Are you sick?"
Caleb: "I sick in my bed."
Haley - scoops up a Caleb whose pajamas are soaking wet and heads for the bathroom
Rudy - jumps out of bed and runs to Caleb's room to assess the damage only to find that there is no "sick" in Caleb's bed. It's just wet. Very, very wet.

In my 2:30 AM daze, I deduced that Caleb's pull-up had leaked and he needed clean PJ's and a new pull-up. I pulled down his pants to change him only to see his bare bottom shining back at me. No pull-up. Seriously.

Apparently when Caleb got up at 9:00, it was to throw away the perfectly dry pull-up that I put him to bed in. He took off his PJ pants, took off his pull-up, threw his pull-up in the trash, put his PJ pants back on and got back in his bed. Of course, he then wet himself at 2:30 AM and didn't want to sleep in that soaking wet bed.

I (of course) asked, "Why did you do this?" He responded, "It's in the trash can." I gave up on that line of questioning pretty quickly. Rudy took Caleb in his fresh new PJ's and pull-up to our bed and I slept in the guest bed. 5:45 came too quickly.

I'm thinking that footy pajamas with a zipper may be in his near future...and we'reputting them on backwards so he can't get out of them.

For the record...Caleb is now in the process of going to bed - in footy pajamas with a zipper. No, they are not on backwards.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

That is funny, funny. Caleb is one smart little guy.

JS said...

Duct tape the zipper.