Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Night Rambling

The last few days of our break were great. On January 2nd, I got my hair cut and colored and enjoyed a night out with my wonderful friend, Stacy. On Monday, we went back to work. Caleb was the only one of us who was really excited. He was ready to see his friends! The week was looooong and pretty exhausting. By the time we made it to Friday, we were ready for the weekend! Jan came up and spent Friday night with us. Rudy made a fantastic salmon dinner for us. Caleb LOVED having his Grandma at our house! On Saturday, Rudy went on a mission to find a new flat-screen TV for us. He brought home a big TV and then went to have lunch with a friend from high school. Jan, Caleb and I went to Build-a-Bear, where Caleb made a puppy dog and put him in a Dallas Cowboys uniform (with lots of help). Then we went to lunch at Einstein's and came back here to put Caleb down for his nap. When Rudy got home, we set up the new TV. We decided we would go out to dinner, so we loaded up in the car to go to Outback. Caleb threw a fit like I've never seen before. He calmed down long enough to get into the restaurant. As soon as we sat down, he started whining. We immediately got up and left. Forget it. Rudy and I are doing WeightWatchers and we only have so many points to use. I refuse to use my points at a dinner with a fussy child and not get to enjoy my meal. Plus, I didn't want the added stress of worrying about Caleb bothering everyone else in the restaurant. So, we left. We never even saw a waiter. We went to Best Buy so Rudy could get a cable that we needed for the TV and Caleb and I stayed in the car. I called and ordered a pizza and we went to pick it up and bring it home. That's pretty much how our whole weekend has been. Caleb has thrown fit after fit. He has started telling us "no" to everything and pretty much ignores every single thing we say. We have been on edge all weekend. Caleb has been in time out over and over. I've spanked him twice. I hate spanking him, but sometimes it's the only thing that gets his attention. Rudy can get his attention by raising his voice, but that doesn't work for me. I don't know what is wrong with Caleb. I don't know if he's feeling badly or if he's just out of sync. I do know that it's a full moon and, as crazy as it may sound, that counts for something. Kids go crazy with a full moon. I'm seriously praying that tomorrow will be the end of this phase.

On a happier note...we made some changes in our house this afternoon. It all started when we sold the elliptical machine that was in the office. We decided to turn the office into a playroom. So...the library table that we use as a desk is now in our bedroom and Caleb's easel, Elmo chair and Little People table are now in the playroom. Tonight, Rudy hung some shelves on the wall. We put the old TV in there and bought a cheap DVD player. We have already reaped the benefits of that. Caleb watched part of Cars in there tonight, which kept us from having to watch Cars again for the millionth time. With the mood that Caleb has been in this weekend, I had to remind myself that he's not always like that. Otherwise, the playroom would have been out of the question. However, it really benefits us all because it gets all of that stuff out of his room and opens up the room a lot more. Plus - we can get some of his toys out of the living room!

No comments: