Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes We Can!

This will be a short post, because it is late. I have much more to say, but I'll save it for another time.

I am elated that my child will grow up in a country where the color of a person's skin does not limit his ability to be whatever he wants to be.

Now, as a wise person reminded me earlier tonight, let us join together and pray for our new leadership as the Bible itself commands us to do:

1 Timothy 2:1-3 (New International Version)
I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone– for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior.

Romans 13:1-2 (New International Version)
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

No comments: