Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Week that Was

We survived another week of work, life and toddlerhood! Yeah, us!

Last Sunday, I read 1-2-3 Magic, a discipline book for parents of 2-12 year-olds. Since I put it down, Caleb has been great! I've only had to implement it once and that wasn't until Thursday. I'm not complaining...I just wish I had read the book earlier. :)

The week was pretty normal for us - just work/school, band practice, blah-blah-blah. I did take Caleb to the doctor on Thursday afternoon because he just has a cough that won't go away. We got some antibiotics and the doctor said it was a good thing he had those tubes because this probably would've been a nasty ear infection. Whew...

On Friday, Caleb's daycare class had a Thanksgiving feast. Each child was supposed to bring a can of their favorite vegetable. The teachers put the veggies in a crock pot and served that to the kids. I managed to get to Caleb's school just as it was starting. He wanted nothing to do with that feast! He ate a little bit of his roll, but none of the veggies. I wasn't surprised.

Rudy took Caleb to Jan's on Friday night. I was supposed to go to Branson on Saturday with Monica, but her life got crazy and she couldn't go. I decided to stay home and get our Christmas shopping done locally. I went to Target on Friday night and literally got every single gift bought in under 3 hours. I was worn out when I got home, but glad to have it done! I slept in on Saturday and then spent the afternoon working. Rudy and Caleb went to see the Morrises and then came home late Saturday afternoon. We had a low-key evening last night.

Today, I put up the Christmas tree. (More about that in the next post.) Rudy and Caleb went to the grocery store and I worked on getting everything done here. Caleb LOVES the Christmas tree. Before I ever got it out of the box, he started dancing around and saying "Christmas party, Christmas party!" When I started putting it together, he was crazy! I plugged it in while he was in the bathroom and when he came back, he stopped in his tracks and said, "Oh, it light up!" He was so excited! I wish I had it on video! I don't know how we're going to keep him out of the tree. He's fascinated with it. We didn't have a tree last year, because we were moving. This is the first tree we've had since he's been mobile. I put the unbreakable ornaments on the lower branches...

We leave for Springfield, TN on Tuesday night to spend Thanksgiving with the Voise family.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: