Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yahooey.

I love technology. I love that I can type something in my living room while wearing my PJ's and within seconds, my friends and family can read it on their computer in their living room while wearing their PJ's. I love that they can read it when they want, not when I have a minute to talk on the phone. I love that I can post pictures of our family for people to see. I love that I can buy gifts without setting foot in a store, that I can check my bank balance at 2:00 AM and that I can keep up with friends from almost 20 years ago.

I don't love people who take technology and twist it to hurt other people. Someone hacked my Yahoo account. I had the same e-mail address through Yahoo for over 9 years. When I started my new job, I opened a Gmail account because my school district blocks my access to Yahoo. Today, I found out that some unknown person tapped into my Yahoo account and sent a potentially virus-laden e-mail to my entire address book. So, to all who received the e-mail about the "great website" and the deep discounts, I hope that you didn't open the link. I hope that if you did open the link, there isn't any damage to your computer. And...I hope that this never happens to you. It is maddening.

No comments: