Friday, October 24, 2008

32.

I have been telling people that today is the 3rd anniversary of my 29th birthday. Yikes. 32. Thirty-two. 32. Thirty-two. No matter how many times I repeat it, I am thirty-something.

On the other hand...
I have an amazing husband who loves me like I could never imagine anyone would. He absorbs my faults and celebrates my successes. And he got me a cake - chocolate with buttercreme icing, which is my favorite. The fact that he knows (and remembers) that is pretty cool. Oh...and he got me a gold and silver Razorback watch. He loves me. He really loves me. Not that I ever doubted it...or needed gifts to prove it. He loves me.

I have a son who surprises me every day with his ability to make me laugh, cry, feel and tolerate things that I never thought I could. He is a blessing and a joy and the only miracle I can ever remember being a part of.

I have parents who think I'm special and tell me so and are my greatest cheerleaders, no matter how insignificant the cause.

I have 3 living grandparents who have been a blessing all of my life. They show me things and teach me things that only grandparents can teach. I am so grateful.

I have an unbelievable extended family whose journeys make me believe that everything is possible with God. I know that as long as I hold His hand, I am connected with them, no matter what.

I have friends that support me, carry me and comfort me. I have friends that laugh with me, celebrate with me, love me and know that they can count on me even when the world is spinning too quickly to hold on. They are the family that extends beyond family.

I have a career that keeps me stimulated and I know that because of it, we can pay the bills and I can touch the lives of children in a good way, which many of them need so desparately.

And most of all, I have the blessings of God that give me all of these things and more. What else do I need?

No comments: