Thursday, February 1, 2007

An Update from the ENT

We went to see Dr. Forsen, the pediatric ENT this afternoon. After the obligatory comment about Caleb "not missing any meals," he asked me lots of questions about family history and how we do things with him. He finally got around to actually looking in his ears and said that they are not currently infected. He said that Caleb does, however, have fluid in his ears. Apparently, this is genetic and there's nothing we could have done to prevent it. He said that he recommends tubes for the little man but it's up to us. Knowing Rudy's history of ear problems and knowing that so far Caleb has gotten an ear infection every single time he's had a cold, I decided to go ahead and schedule the surgery. On one hand, I feel like an awful parent for putting my child through surgery that is optional, but on the other hand, I know it's for the best in the long run. I scheduled the outpatient surgery for Monday, February 26th. That's the first appointment available, because the doctor will be out of town for a mission trip in Honduras and for a ski trip. I hope our "donation" goes for the mission trip, not the ski trip.

No comments: