Sunday, August 28, 2011

Really? Already?

Last week was great at work.  My intern started on Monday and I really like her.  I think she’s going to be great.  My scheduling wasn’t as complicated as it has been in the past and there were only a couple of minor shifts that needed to be made.  Things were really rocking along.  I took off Wednesday for Nola’s appointment, which I hated to do in the 2nd week of school, but it was a matter of priorities.  Thursday was good, but I was really tired.  I felt run-down all day, but chalked it up to lots of interrupted sleep with the kids both having nighttime coughs.  I got a lot done at work, then went to Weight Watchers and came home.  By the time I got home, I was ready to just crawl in the bed.  I ate dinner, then sat outside watching Rudy play with the kids for a little bit.  I started feeling nauseous so I came inside because I thought it was from the heat.  Rudy took the kids to the park so they could burn off some energy and I could have some quiet time.  I fell asleep in the chair.  Before the night was over, I was SICK.  I managed to get a stomach virus that knocked me out for 2 days.  I had to call in sick to work on Friday.  We had planned to go to Frisco Festival and have dinner with Nana, but that didn’t happen either.  (The boys did go Saturday night, though.) 

It’s now Sunday night and I haven’t left the house since Thursday evening.  Rudy has gotten a milder case of the virus and has been in bed all day today while I’ve fought off a headache and fatigue just enough to take care of the kids and do a couple of loads of laundry.  Nola had a mild case too, with a few gross diapers, but no throwing up.  Caleb has been the superstar of our group (KNOCK ON WOOD) and has been so incredibly patient and well-behaved.  He was so worried about me on Thursday night when I got sick.  It was very sweet.  We’re all planning to go back to school tomorrow…back into the germ pool.  UGH!  I can’t believe we’ve started this junk already!  I was determined this was going to be a better year for us with illnesses.  We aren’t off to a very good start! 

No comments: