Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nola @ 5 months

Nola turned FIVE months old on June 27th! Here's what she's up to these days...
  • She hasn't been to the doctor lately, so I'm not sure exactly how much she weighs.  I would guess somewhere around 18 pounds.  She is getting to be quite a chunky monkey! 
  • She now takes an 8 oz bottle every 3-3 1/2 hours (sometimes longer) and eats a vegetable every night.  She likes peas and sweet potatoes the best, but isn't so crazy about squash or carrots.  We'll start her on some fruits soon.
  • She wears size 2 diapers, but they are getting pretty small on her.  We'll buy size 3's next time.  She wears 3-6 month clothes, but they are getting small too.  We're trying to get one more wear in on everything before we move her up to the next size.  She has so much cute summer stuff in 3-6 mos that I hate to put it all away!
  • We have an appointment on July 6th to get tubes put in her ears. 
  • On 6/22/10, Nola laughed out loud and it was the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time.  Rudy and Caleb were playing in the front yard and Caleb hit Rudy in the leg with a balloon.  Something about it cracked Nola up because she laughed out loud.  I ran in to get the video camera, but she didn't do it again.  We've heard her do it 2 other times since then, but usually she just smiles from ear-to-ear instead of really laughing. 
  • Nola rolls from her back to her belly, but hasn't yet figured out how to go the other direction. 
  • Now that school is out, we are really getting a good idea of what a sleeper this girl is.  I can put her down to bed at 8:30 or 9:00 and not hear a peep out of her until 9:30 or 10:00 the next morning.  Then she's up for a couple of hours and takes about an hour nap.  She usually stays up for another couple of hours, then she takes a longer nap.  Sometimes she'll even take one more nap before going down for the night.  It's amazing how much she sleeps.  (She gets it from me and I don't deny it one bit!)
  • Just recently, Nola has discovered that she can make some fun sounds with her mouth.  She used to blow long raspberries, but now she prefers to blow lots of short ones.  She pppbt - pppbt - pppbt's all the time...especially when eating.  I have learned to put on an old t-shirt when I feed her, because I'm going to end up with veggies on me!
One Month:

Two Months:

Three Months:
Four Months:
Five Months:

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Happy 5 months, Nola!! You are such a beautiful girl and I still really love your crib bedding fabric. I forget sometimes how close in age you are to baby Hollis and I'm sad we moved from NWA so we could have playmates and you and Hollis could practice rolling because she can only go from tummy to back. You guys could teach each other your trick so you both could roll both ways!

Georgia said...

I meant play dates. Dumb phone changing my words on me.