Friday, June 25, 2010

Magic Springs

I posted on Facebook that I was in Hot Springs and was so excited to find out that Libby and her son, Tanner, were going to be in town on Friday. (Quick recap: Libby's dad and my mom used to be married. She and I lived as sisters from the time that I was 4 until I was 10 or 11. We don't see each other often anymore, but I love it when we do.) She asked if I wanted to bring Caleb and meet them and Ann (who I played with when I was little and is now married to Libby's cousin) and her son at Magic Springs. I jumped at the chance!


We were supposed to meet at 11:00, but the rest of the crew was running late, so Caleb and I rode a few rides by ourselves while we waited. It was so HOT, but we had a good time. We rode cars and hot air balloons and airplanes and I squeezed into all of the kiddie rides with my knees under my chin because Caleb was one inch too short to ride by himself. We laughed together and had a blast! We met up with Libby, Ann and the boys about noon and spent the next 3 hours riding rides and catching up. Ann paid for the boys to play a game and Caleb won. He picked a stuffed blue fish as his prize, so we carried it around with us the rest of the day. (ugh...) There was a live Bob the Builder stage show that gave us a chance to sit in the shade for a little bit.

Tanner and Caleb (and the fish) with "Bob's helpers."
Mr. L. picked us up at 3:00 to go to Caleb's swim lessons. (It had been about 20 years since I'd been dropped off and picked up at Magic Springs - quite a deja vu!)
It was so good to see Libby and Ann and meet their boys. I wish I had gotten a picture of us!

No comments: