Friday, June 25, 2010

Hot Springs

We went to Hot Springs on Sunday (6/13). This is how Nola traveled until about 45 minutes before we got there...Mom and Mr.L. had plans that night, so they took Caleb over to Pepapa and Anna Joyce's house and we met him there. It was so good to see our little buddy after being away from him for a whole week. Anna Joyce made us an amazing dinner (of course!) and we spent a couple of hours at their house before going on to Mom's house.

The best part about our week in Hot Springs was that we had no plans. It was fabulously relaxing. What's not to love about this?Rudy still wasn't feeling very good from his surgery, so he had to be pretty careful about what he ate and did. He ended up having to leave to come home on Thursday so that he could go see his doctor. He didn't have dry sockets, but had some complications because of the difficulty of the surgery. Apparently, his wisdom teeth were waaaay impacted.

Caleb took swimming lessons while we were in town, so we had to be there from 4-5 every day. I was pleasantly surprised on the first day to find one of my best friends from junior high there with her little boy. I enjoyed catching up with Jennifer and meeting her kids. (more on swimming lessons in a separate post)

In trying to keep with my plan to be healthier, I was determined to exercise while we were there. Mom & I went to the Y one day and I worked out on the elliptical machine. I also went to Zumba with Aunt Harolyn a couple of times. I was proud of myself for sticking to my plan. I also watched what I ate and only splurged for one meal like I had planned. Yay, me!

We took a couple of boat rides and Caleb fascinated and amazed us all by being able to tell us where we were on the lake. He knew when we were getting close to Pepapa's house and pointed out Jimmy and Kim's condo. How in the world does he do that?!? Here's Nola getting ready to go for a ride. What a bathing beauty!Nola wasn't so sure about the boat at first, but once she got settled, the hum of the motor put her right to sleep. That life jacket is just so uncomfortable! (You can see a picture here of Caleb in the same one at 6 weeks!)We even boated over to Aunt Harolyn's for a swim.
One evening, Caleb set up a "construction site" in the yard with his trucks and tractors. I snapped this picture of him that just defines what it means to be a 4 year old boy in the summer.
He got so dirty that we decided the only thing to do was to "hose him off." He thought that was really funny and loved getting sprayed down with the water hose. LaLa & Pops got a pretty good kick out of it too!
On Saturday night, we had the whole family over for a fish fry. Besides eating until we were all sick, we laughed and talked and everyone enjoyed getting to be together.

Caleb with his Auntie HWith Anna Joyce & Pepapa
With Jimmy & Kim
We pretty much spent the rest of the week just relaxing. Mom and I did a little shopping, Caleb followed his Pops around like a shadow, I took Caleb to Magic Springs (another post) and Rudy and Mr.L. played golf one day. Nola was a trooper being away from home. She slept a ton! I think she was sleeping just to keep from having to be out in the heat.

Thanks, LaLa & Pops for a GREAT week on the lake! We love you!!!

No comments: