Thursday, July 9, 2009

Therapized Calebism

Therapized is a completely made-up word that I like to use to refer to kids who have been in speech therapy for so long that they do and say things that only speech therapy kids would know. It can be used as an adjective or a verb.

Apparently, I have therapized my child. Actually - I think I therapized Rudy too. He's the one that has been trying to teach Caleb how to say "Cardinals" instead of "Cardiners" for a while now. I guess he has seen me prompt Caleb to "watch my tongue" or "watch my mouth" when teaching him new words.

Caleb: We watchin' the Cardiners?
Rudy: Yep, watchin' the Cardinals.
Caleb: Watch my tongue. Cardiners...Cardiners...CardinALS! I did it!

Tonight, they repeated the whole routine while trying to learn to say the word "girl." However, tonight's therapy session took place in front of the bathroom mirror at Caleb's request. Apparently, he wanted to watch his own tongue.

While I'm on the subject of Cardinals, we're trying to figure out who "Todd" is. I know Todd Wellemeyer is a pitcher, but I don't think that's who Caleb is fascinated with because he always talks about Todd when he's hitting the ball, not when he's throwing it. I think he heard us say "Yadi" (Yadier Molina) and has also heard us talk about his uncle Todd and he's just confused. Tonight, he and Rudy were playing baseball in the backyard and he said, "Daddy, you be Yadi, I'll be Todd."

1 comment:

ldck said...

This one had me laughing! Thanks. I neded that!