Thursday, July 9, 2009

3 year well visit

Okay, so we're a couple of months late on this one. It's the earliest appointment I could get during the summer. Whatever.

I took Caleb for his 3 year well "baby" visit on Wednesday. I wasn't so sure it was going to be a well visit, since he ran a mystery fever from Monday night until Tuesday afternoon. He perked up, though and the nurse said we could go ahead with the visit. (He does still have a nasty cough and a raspy voice. He may have to go back tomorrow!)

Dr. Scherer looked Caleb over and asked me about 1000 questions about his skill development and pronounced him healthy. He is concerned about his height/weight proportion, though. I swear, people, he doesn't eat that much and he's on the go constantly! He weighed 35 lbs, 9.6 oz, which is at the 79th percentile for weight. He's 37.25 inches tall, which is at the 30th percentile for height. Yes...I see the disproportion. No...I'm not concerned. We continue to offer him new foods and he's started to like more fruits, but won't touch vegetables. We'll keep offering them, but we won't force them. He doesn't eat a lot of sweets, but does like them when we give them to him. He gets lots of exercise and plenty of sleep and he's meeting or surpassing his developmental milestones. Not that I'm being defensive or anything... :)

No comments: