Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Butterfly in My Tummy

I actually felt a little more human today and had some energy this afternoon, so after my hair appointment I went and did some shopping for some maternity clothes to start back to work in. I really hate the in-between stage: my regular clothes are too tight and maternity clothes are either too big or just look silly. I compromised and got some gaucho capris, a couple of empire waist tops, a couple of stretchy cotton dresses and some leggings. That combined with what I already have should just about get me through the rest of the warm weather.

I picked Caleb up from daycare and we came home to chill out for about 30 minutes before we got back in the car and went to the library. They had a kids' concert tonight with the Sugar Free All-Stars. He liked the music, but was more interested in the merchandise table that had some star-shaped sunglasses, which I proudly did not give in and buy. After the concert, we checked out a few books (Caleb picked a Thomas the Train book...UGH!). He said he wanted a hamburger for dinner, so we stopped at Wendy's and had a quick bite before coming home. His kids' meal came with an audiobook on CD and he was all jazzed about that even though he didn't really know what it was. I promised that he could listen to it when he went to bed. When we got home, he watched his obligatory 30 minute TV show and I convinced him it was time to go to bed so he could listen to his CD. Turns out, he thought it was a DVD and he was going to get to watch more TV. After that fit was thrown and I actually started the CD, he never made another sound. I'm guessing he was asleep within minutes.

I came in the living room after putting him to bed and fired up the computer. As usual, my pre-bedtime routine includes Facebook, e-mail, blogs, etc. Considering how much busier I've been today than the past few days, it sure feels good to sit down and relax. (Rudy is gone to the annual band directors' conference in Little Rock for a few days. Mom will be here tomorrow for the weekend.) So...I'm sitting in the chair, chatting with Stacy on Facebook when I felt a very definite *flutter* in my belly. HotShot has apparently decided that vacation is over and it's time to start moving around and making his/her presence known. Or, maybe it was just time to flip over on the lounge chair to avoid an uneven tan. :) Either way, this little one was first felt at 12 weeks, 5 days. Thus starts my favorite part of pregnancy...

No comments: