Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Calebisms

Caleb has been cracking us up with his sense of humor lately. He has recently started singing TV theme songs - especially Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins. He also answers the questions that the characters on TV ask. (For some reason, the characters on his shows talk to the audience. It's annoying to us, but he loves it.) He also likes to talk about Valentine's Day and still talks a lot about the "icy" from last week. Here are some of our favorite (recent) Calebisms:
  • I can't believe it! (That one is from the Little Einsteins)
  • That's my favorite.
  • What's the big idea?!?
  • Daddy, you chillin' out?
  • Not yet (usually when he's told to either get in or out of bed)
  • Chwaklit Punnin' (chocolate pudding)
  • You exercisin'?
  • I not wanna' watch your woo-wee (movie), I wanna' watch MY woo-wee. (He doesn't like anything that's not animated!)
  • My new shoes go SUPER-FAST!

Tonight, Rudy put Caleb to bed like usual. About 5 minutes later, I heard his door open. Then I looked up and saw him walking through the living room with his blanket over his head. Apparently, that made him invisible to us and we weren't supposed to know he was out of bed. Rudy and I both laughed so hard, we had tears rolling down our cheeks.

For some reason, Caleb has decided to be afraid of shadows. (Not his own shadow - he's not that strange!) When he gets out of bed at night, he tells us he's scared of the shadows. When he goes to bed at night, he asks if the shadows are friendly or mean. I have been able to control it a little bit by spraying his room with room spray and telling him it will make the shadows be nice...and smell good. So far, it has worked, but I know it will be temporary.

A few nights ago, Caleb started running circles around the couch. He was running like his rear-end was on fire! When he finally stopped, I asked him what in the world he was doing. He said, "Mama, I exercisin'!" Who am I to argue with that?

For Super Bowl Sunday, our friends Lauren and Jeremy Pratchard came over with their daughter Bella. Caleb had never met Bella. Rudy told Caleb that Bella was coming and tried to talk it up, including a pep talk about sharing his toys. All afternoon, Caleb asked, "When my Fella coming over?"

Maybe it's the speech path in me, but I just love the language of 2-year-olds...

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Too cute! Can't wait til Sam is verbal enough to make us laugh like that. Caleb seems to keep you (and all of us reading) very entertained. Thank you for the stories. =)