Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful

As Thanksgiving arrives in fine turkey-day fashion in only 3 hours, I continue to realize how much I have to be thankful for this year. These are just a few of the things that seem to continually come to mind tonight:

Rudy and Caleb - Seriously...what did I do to deserve them? Even through the frustrations of everyday life like pneumonia, sleepless nights, checkbooks and piles of laundry - I love those two boys with every ounce of my being. God truly blessed me when he gave them to me.

Mom and Mr. L. - My foundation could not be any more solid. I know that I am loved unconditionally and I know that they would go to the ends of the earth for me - without me having to ask.

My grandparents - Wow! When I think about how blessed I am to be 31 years old and have 4 living grandparents, I am amazed. The simple blessing of knowing that they have walked before me is enough to give me the strength to face anything.

I am thankful to have extended family to lean on and be leaned on by, friends to share the craziness of life with, a safe place to lay my head at night, a new home on the way, 2 working and comfortable vehicles, a job that gives me the means to do those little extra things that make life a little bit sweeter than it needs to be, food to fill my senses and most of all the love of God that I see in every detail when I slow down long enough to notice.

Thankfulness is a little overwhelming and heartwarming at the same time. Happy Thanksgiving to all...


p.s. Thanks to all who have offered up prayers for my Aunt Kim and Uncle Jimmy. Without telling all of their business online, I can tell you that Kim got wonderful news at a doctor's appointment this week and our whole family is grateful for everyone's prayers. The tough stuff isn't quite over, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. Please continue to pray for them as enter the next phase. We are certainly thankful to God for getting them to this point.

No comments: