Saturday, November 10, 2007

All is Well

Wow - a Saturday afternoon at home with nothing that we HAVE to do - this is amazing! As I write this, Caleb is napping, the Hogs are losing to Tennessee and Rudy is hunting somewhere in the mountains. That part about the Hogs is the only crummy part of our day so far.

Caleb and Rudy are feeling much better these days. After all of the medicines they've had, they should be! I have a little bit of a cold, but nothing worth worrying about for sure. Everyone has been so sweet to check on "my boys" this week. I've been doing what I can to get them well and I feel like I've been pretty successful. Caleb goes for a follow-up appointment on Monday afternoon, so we'll (hopefully) get the final word on pneumonia.

Last night, he gave us yet another scare, but this was just his boyish nature showing up. I had dinner with my co-workers and Rudy was watching him here at the house. They were winding down their night, just sitting on the couch watching TV. Rudy got up to get a drink from the kitchen and came back to find Caleb sitting on the floor, crying. He called me to tell me that Caleb wouldn't walk or even stand. He wouldn't put any weight on his left foot. I came home and we decided to give him overnight to see if it got better. It obviously wasn't broken - it wasn't even swollen. He woke up this morning, still not putting weight on it, but as the day has gone by, he's started walking with a slight limp. It's pretty pitiful, but at least we managed to stay out of the ER. We still don't know exactly what happened, but I'm not worried about it.

We're in line for a busy week. I'll try to post an update after the appointment on Monday, but I'm not promising anything...

No comments: