Thursday, June 29, 2006

Two-Month Well-Baby Visit

Yesterday, Rudy and I took Caleb to see Dr. Koenig for his 2 month doctor's visit. Everything checked out just fine. Dr. Koenig has no concerns about Caleb at all! I was blown away that he weighed 13 pounds, 10 ounces (90th percentile) and his length (I can't remember exactly) was in the 50th percentile. I guess that means that even though his eating is sporadic and driving us crazy - he's getting plenty to eat! After the checkup, it was time for Caleb's first round of vaccinations. I've never seen him so mad - even after a bath! He screamed and screamed, then went to sleep. When we got home, he was cranky and it was just obvious that he didn't feel well. His temperature got up to just over 100 degrees, but a little Tylenol and some time in Mama and Daddy's arms made life better. He slept well last night. I put him in his bed at 11:00 and he slept until 4:00 AM. I fed him then and put him back down and he slept until 8:00. He seems to be feeling okay this morning, just tired. As I write this, he's asleep in his swing. I expect that he'll continue to get back to his usual happy self as the day goes on. Our next doctor's appointment is September 11th.

I got an exciting phone call yesterday! One of my very best friends, Cindy, had her first baby in Tulsa! Haven Paige Brixey was born on her parents' wedding anniversary - what a great gift! Cindy's sister sent me pictures and boy, is she cute! Cindy broke the pattern of the YaYas having boys, since Les and I both have sons. Congratulations to Cindy and Tyler and Welcome, Baby Haven!

No comments: